Recipe for kids:
Five Spice Chicken Salad Wrap
Prep time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
What you need:
Ingredients for the chicken:
1 large bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
½ teaspoon salt substitute
½ teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients for the salad:
1 stalk celery
½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
2 romaine lettuce leaves
8-inch whole-wheat wrap
Equipment and supplies:
Baking sheet or shallow roasting pan
Knife and cutting board
Large mixing bowl
What to do:
Instructions for cooking the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Line baking sheet or roasting pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and place chicken on top.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and season with salt substitute and black pepper. Roast for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool completely before pulling meat off of the bone and dicing. Chicken can be cooked a day or two in advance and kept refrigerated.
Instructions for making the salad:
- Finely chop scallion and celery.
- In a large bowl, combine the pre-made chicken, scallion, and celery, five-spice powder, pepper, and mayonnaise. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto wrap and place lettuce on top. Roll up, cut in half, and serve with some crispy fresh veggies.
How much does this recipe make? 2 servings